Scavenger Hunt

Sunday 15 April 2012

Back to the Grindstone

Hello folks.

We've had a lovely Easter in the Clicky Needles' household.

After finishing Mr Clicky's (very boring) socks I dug out of my stash some very bright sock yarn to make a smaller and much more interesting pair for me.  I cast on and couldn't put them down.  I'd forgotten how satisfying it can be knitting socks when they are lovely colours.
The yarn is Regia Stretch Crazycolour.  They are very comfy.

The other finished 'thing' is a little monster I made for DS.  This yarn was left over from a pair of his socks.  As with the socks he knitted some as well as me.  It was knit in the  round, I sewed up the bottom stuffed with some haricot beans for weight and then filled with toy stuffing.  The horns are i-cords with a pipe cleaner in each.  I then kitchenered up the top trapping in the horns.
Raah!

Mr Clicky has had a week off too so we've been pottering around together.  Of course, this being Easter I made several lots of nest cakes ~ you're never too old for these!
 Talking of nests, remember I told you that our nest box was being inhabited?  I stood for quite some time to get these pictures of the blue tit and this was the best I managed.

Just arriving with a beak full of nest material.

About to go in.
After those Goldfinches took all the clematis fluff the other week, I threw some roving into the garden to help the other birds out.  Upon reflection I should have separated it it a bit.
This female blackbird wasn't going to give any of this bit up it was nearly as big as her.
She struggled for quite some time with it and then disappeared into this Mahonia, right in front of the kitchen window.
We'll be able to watch her but not disturb her, how great!

On our various travels this week, Mr Clicky and me found ourselves outside an Asda Home Store and happened across this rather bright patio set.  We've been looking for a set for several years, until now we've been making do with our camping chairs and table.  Nothing wrong with that but 'proper' ones would be nice.  
The set needed to pass several points.
1.  No wood at all ~ easier to care for.
2.  Comfy chairs.
3.  Easy to clean.
4. Stackable chairs ~ easy to store in the winter.
When Mr Clicky approached this set and said 'I like that' you could have knocked me over with a feather!   I agreed before he could change his mind and had it in the car in a flash.
What do you think?
I love it and look forward to lots of outdoor meals from now on.

The last thing to show you this week is the unit in our kitchen.  It is supposed to be for display but as you can see it becomes a dumping ground.
Urgh.

I took everything off, gave the china and glass a good wash and had a re-arrange.   The bottom three shelves had lots of cookery books and are full of old knitting magazines.  I went through all the magazines, took out the patterns I needed and the rest have gone in the recycling.
You can see I've also re-arranged and moved that yarn. 
 Mr Clicky and DS both said it was their favourite bit ~ I think they might be nearly fully trained in yarn appreciation. 
Here's a close-up for you.

Obviously I've loads more yarn in other places(!!!!!!)

So that's about it I think ~ just to let you know I had a blood test last week and I'm now well in the road to recovery so back to school tomorrow.

As always have fun...........Clicky Needles.


7 comments:

  1. Love your colorful socks! I might have to toss some fleece out for the birds. Yummy looking choco nests! I need to re-do my china cabinet.. it's all so choc-a-block in there. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just happened across your blog and would like to keep following. you seem to be my sort of person! Like the sock yarn by the way. i think I'll try and get some myself! thanks a lot! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy socks! Good to know that you are getting better at last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for happy socks! And congrats on your shelving unit. I'm sure you feel so much better now that it looks so nice :) It's always a wonderful feeling (at least for me) when I accomplish something like that. The fact that your yarn cubby is well liked is a great sign!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are brilliant!! I LOVE the colours. The patio set looks fab, and isn't it satisfying to sort out a cupboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I thought your table / chair photo was from the Asda mag/site at first! It looks really fab in your garden, so bright and cheery - you'll have load of fun using it if (I mean when) we get a summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun post! I love those socks and the roving for the birds is still genius and cute! I also think it's amazing how you re arranged your shelf and how those yarns look so good together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.