Scavenger Hunt

Friday 8 June 2012

Jubilee

Hello All!

How’s your Jubilee Weekend been?  Hope you managed your celebrations without too much rain.

The children at school had a party on Friday.  It was a wonderful success.   The little children preformed some Country Dancing and the older juniors all did Maypole Dancing.  The Maypole Dancing has gone on for many years and is performed to assembled parents and villagers, although latterly it has slipped from it’s May Day slot due to the dreaded SATs.  I’m never too sure whether to children like the Maypole or not!  The older they get the more they complain about doing it, but it looks fabulous and carries the tradition on.

Me and the other two Teaching Assistants spent Wednesday and Thursday making fairy cakes with the children.  We produced roughly 200 and the children then iced them red, white and blue and laid them out on the sand pit lid in the shape of a Union Jack.  In case you're worried about sand in the cakes the lid had had a jolly good wash and then was covered in foil.
We’ve had a special visitor this week.  An ex-pupil, Dan Woodward carried the Olympic Torch through Swindon and he came in the show it to us.  He was incredibly proud and every child had their photo taken with him and his torch.  Here he is talking to the children all about it.  (Look at that messy classroom!)
 The weather certainly has taken a turn for the worse and was pretty rotten when Mr Clicky, me and DS went to visit the British Camp on top of The Malvern Hills.  It is an Iron Age Hill Fort, but as you can see we couldn’t really see each other very well, let alone the view, which on a good day apparently, covers 13 counties.  I think we need to try on another day!
 
 It was very mossy and wet and there were quite a few  spider's webs.  
 On the knitting front with the lack of a new project I picked up some cotton and a crochet hook and made some flowers.  The one of the left was made with a 3.5mm hook and the right one 4mm.  I didn't think that 0.5mm would make such a difference. 
I am pleased to tell you that I have now a project on the go!  Note I didn't say a new project ~ I yanked my Asymmetrical Cooper Jumper out from the naughty corner.  Was it naughty? Not really, I just got bored with it I think.   The last time I worked on this was September 2011, it was started in January 2010! Anyhoo I'm back on it with a vengeance, I finished off a sleeve and I've nearly done the front.  
Even better, I've got the next project in my mind.  Waaaaayyyy!


Time to sign off now I think.  
Sorry this post is late, the internet in these parts has been unusable.   I put it down to the children in the neighbourhood who have been stuck indoors with the rubbish weather.


As always have fun and keep smiling.
Byeeee.........Clicky Needles.



2 comments:

  1. Wow - you had a busy time at school - that cupcake layout was brilliant!
    Shame about the weather on your trip! We were meant to go to Colchester Zoo today and had to cancel cos of rain and strong winds.
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - mammoth baking efforts - they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.