Scavenger Hunt

Thursday 18 October 2012

Ally Pally Purchases

Hello.

Me and Romain had a great time at Ally Pally on Sunday .
Straight away I bumped into somebody I went to secondary school with (what are the chances?) 
and then Romain and me went for a jolly good ferret.
A beautiful Shetland rainbow.
 The things that I bought.
Felt circles and stars and some ric-rac braid.  More on that in the weeks to come.
 Lovely bright buttons because you can never have enough.
 Woolyknits aran
 to make this jumper.  I tried it on and it was very nice.
 Another 3" big button. 
 Sublime Luxurious Wooly Merino.  Two balls of each colour for a scarf.
This is a coaster, but I've made it into a fridge magnet.
Knit Pro cable connectors, useful I thought.
A little caddy bag given to me by Romain, she got a magazine subscription and this was the freebie, but she's already got one.
 There was so much to see and some fabulous work by the fashion and textile students.  We had a super time, squishing and ooing and aaahing.  The qiviut yarn (Musk Ox) was soooooo soft, but way too pricey for us.

The knitted village.  I'm not usually into this sort of thing but it was amazing.




All in all a very tiring but enjoyable day.

Right, I need to get off now because me and Mr Clicky are off to France to La Petite Maison.  We're going with B and S, so it'll be the first time Mr Clicky will see it and the first time all of us will be there together.  I'm trying to remember all the tools we'll need, hammer, pick-axe etc, and make sure there is enough food for DD whilst we're away.  DS is going to stay with my Mum and Dad.

See you soon.
Have fun.............Clicky Needles.


6 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures of Ally Pally - particularly the Shetland Rainbow - gorgeous colours and the green sweater looks fab too. Bon voyage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you had at Ally Pally! Have fun in France! I'm enjoying playing Draw Something with you!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Shetland rainbow!! Have a great time in France, booked our ferry yesterday too. Fionax

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn looks lovely! From the rainbow to the boucle-looking yarn for your scarf, it all looks like a very fine find. I would like to give it all a good squish myself!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year I intend to go to Ally Pally, and never have yet. Probably better for my wallet no to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful shop with so many great things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping in to read my ramblings!
Please leave a comment ~ I do appreciate them.

Clicky Needles.